SHEIN Maternity Haul and Review

     It's that time! My normal clothes are officially uncomfortably tight. I was dreading getting maternity clothing for multiple reasons. First, any store has slim pickings. Target, Ross, all of the "affordable" stores have a single rack of maternity clothes with nothing in my size. Second, maternity clothes are expensive. VERY expensive. I was already frustrated and already dreading my experience.

    I then remembered SHEIN. I have purchased many clothes from them over the last few years. I'll be honest, a lot of them were hit or miss, but I figured the gamble was worth it for the price. To my surprise, I found a wide selection of cute maternity clothes! There were so many options in size and style, which I absolutely loved. I was so happy that I was not limited to leggings and t-shirts like with every other store. 

    I got my package a few days before expected, so already we were off to a good start. But soon you will know if the clothing lived up to my expectations.

Dresses and Rompers:

The dress that I ordered exceeded my expectations. It was roomy, so I can wear it all the way through my pregnancy. The buttons are sturdy. There is gaping in the chest when it's on, but that always happens to me so I solve that with a safety pin. The color is exactly like the picture, and the shape of the dress is flattering on anyone! It does run a bit long for me going to my knees. It is true to size and great quality.

Price: $22 (on sale for $9 at the date of this blog)

Rating: 5/5

Link:

https://us.shein.com/Maternity-Button-Front-Roll-Up-Sleeve-Dress-p-1890179-cat-2366.html


Next is my absolute FAVORITE item from SHEIN. I saw a fellow Disney creator MaddiMouse wear a shirred black romper and I just had to have it. Unfortunately her link was to a $60 romper, which was way out of budget. I searched for an entire month to find something similar and had no luck. When I saw this maternity romper on SHEIN I knew I had to get it immediately. It exceeded my expectations. It is comfortable, has room to grow, is stylish and cute, and isn't too short. It is officially my favorite clothing item and I've already worn it 3 days in a row.

Price: $21 (on sale for $14 at the time of this blog)

Rating: 10/5

Link:

https://us.shein.com/Maternity-Tie-Front-Shirred-Bodice-Lantern-Sleeve-Romper-p-2016526-cat-2375.html


My last romper/jumpsuit I ordered was a red floral shirred jumpsuit. When I say it is cute, I mean it is CUTE! I think I could have sized down, as it bunches up on my back, but I think it will solve itself as I grow into it more. I have never loved a jumpsuit so much. It is lightweight, comfortable, and has almost a silkier material so it doesn't get so stuffy. I will be wearing it for the 4th of July.

Price: $21

Rating: 5/5

Link:

https://us.shein.com/Maternity-1PC-Ditsy-Floral-Butterfly-Sleeve-Shirred-Detail-Palazzo-Jumpsuit-p-2325403-cat-2375.html

Tops:

Our first top is this color block black and white stripe top with a suede pocket. I will admit the material is not what I expected. I was thinking this would be a loose soft lightweight top. It is a thicker material and has more of a stiff cotton feel. I am hoping after a wash it will soften up, but for now for the price I am happy with it. Fit wise, I have plenty of room to grow in this. I expect I will be wearing this top even after I give birth. It is also true to size.

Price: $9

Rating: 3.5/5

Link:

https://us.shein.com/Maternity-Color-Block-Striped-Tee-p-2112042-cat-2368.html


The next top I ordered is a green button down peplum top. It has a crepe type material, but is quality and is not see through. With button down tops I always gape in the chest, and this shirt was no exception so I will be pinning in between the breast buttons to prevent that. It is true to size and is so cute! Overall I am extremely happy with this top and will be wearing it postpartum as well!

Price: $14

Rating: 5/5

Link: 

https://us.shein.com/Maternity-Rolled-Cuff-Button-Front-Peplum-Nursing-Blouse-p-1349612-cat-2367.html


For our next top, I ordered a leopard print short sleeve top. When I initially saw this, I thought it was going to be a soft stretchy cotton shirt. It is actually polyester, meaning there is no stretch. I am glad I sized up because it also doesn't seem to have much room to grow in. I am only 17 weeks but I find myself with maybe a month or two of room left. This one may not be the best to wear through the end of the pregnancy because of the lack of stomach room. It's cute, but definitely not good as a maternity top.

Price: $9

Rating: 2/5

Link:

https://us.shein.com/Maternity-Leopard-Print-Cuffed-Short-Sleeve-Top-p-1232335-cat-2367.html


For the last top, I ordered a pink floral shirred waist ruffle sleeve top (say that 5 times fast). Online it looks SO adorable and I just had to have it. It is very cute in person, but it is a bit sheer. I suggest a nude bra with this top and it looks great. I love the pattern and the material as well, so for the price and the looks I am happy with this top!

Price: $13

Rating: 4.5/5

Link:

https://us.shein.com/Maternity-Shirred-Waist-Ruffle-Cuff-Ditsy-Floral-Peplum-Top-p-1259067-cat-2367.html


Robe:

As I started my birth plan, I knew that I wanted to be comfortable in something other than a hospital gown. I wanted to wear a robe, but maternity robes are so pricy! I found a cute option on SHEIN and decided to go with it. Unfortunately, I wasn't in love with it. First off, it does not have a maternity size feel at all. I have no room to grow in this. This is a maternity robe, but it wears like a normal one. On top of that, there are no loops for the tie. The robe easily slides open and out of place. For now, I will be using it for showers but will be looking elsewhere for a robe for my hospital stay. 

Price: $17

Rating: 2/5

Link: https://us.shein.com/Maternity-Floral-Print-Self-Tie-Robe-p-2464722-cat-2379.html


Swim:

Lastly I ordered a maternity swim bottom. I already have a black top that I love, but my usual bottoms were feeling too tight. These leopard print high waisted bottoms are so cute, flattering, and comfortable. I have room to grow but it is comfortable as is now without falling off. Overall these exceeded my expectations for the price and I am going to be rocking these all summer!

Price: $8

Rating: 5/5

Link: 

https://us.shein.com/Maternity-Leopard-Bikini-Panty-p-2300344-cat-2378.html


Thank you for tuning in for my SHEIN maternity haul. I hope that you found this blog useful and that it inspires you to check out SHEIN. It is a great option for in style maternity clothes and over all I was impressed with my items! 


Comments