Our Story, an Introduction

 Hi Disney friends!

I cannot believe I have not formally introduced myself in my own blog, so today I am going to fix that so you can get to know the woman behind the blog.


My name is Elizabeth. I am a 25 year old wife to the love of my life, Ryan (30), and mother to Briar Elyse. I have two dogs, Luna (Pomsky) and Nova (Flat Coated Retriever). I love crafting, singing, dancing, and being a mom. I LOVE Disney, which is probably what brought you to my blog.

To say that Disney has always been a part of my life would be an understatement. I grew up going to the parks since 2001, and have watched every movie. Whenever I have a bad day, I turn on the Little Mermaid. It is my comfort movie and Ariel is my all time favorite princess. I would play mermaids in every swimming pool and one of my Christmases I got nothing but Ariel gifts!

Disneyland 2004

I met my husband, Ryan, at church. Our love story happened very quickly. After 5 months of dating, he popped the question at "our spot," a lake nearby our homes, on his birthday. Of course I said yes, and we quickly got married 5 months later. Of course we had to honeymoon at Disneyland! Since we got married, we adopted Luna, we've moved across 3 states, adopted Nova, moved across the country twice, enjoyed Disney World, and moved again.

Engagement pics 2017 - Disneyland Honeymoon 2017 -  Luna and Nova 2019

I started content creating on Tiktok In February 2021. My entire adult life I felt I was coasting. I grew up wanting to be a veterinarian, but once I started school and worked at a doggy day care, I realized that while I loved animals the profession wasn't for me. After that it took me 4 years of going wherever I felt pushed. A makeup license, life coaching license, starting photography, and a bachelor's degree in Psychology later, I still hadn't felt like I found my place. Not to mention, when I graduated with my bachelor's it was the beginning of the pandemic and every job opportunity I had following graduation was taken away. So not only was I unemployed, but we were in the middle of a pandemic. So I got a crappy part-time job at Target while my husband worked full time at a pharmacy. When we moved into our new apartment, I had plans to start creating Disney content as it was the only consistent passion in my life that I wanted to explore becoming more. The very day I posted my first video on Tiktok, I knew this was what I wanted to do. Content creating turned into something that filled my soul and made me genuinely happy.  

But that's only the general part to our story. It wasn't sunshine and rainbows, but also hard times and tears outside of the pandemic and world events. When we felt ready to have a baby in 2018, life said otherwise. I was diagnosed with Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS) at 18, and knew fertility was a concern. I started Metformin in 2019 to help our chances, as it had been a year of casually trying with no luck. In 2020, I finally unknowingly got pregnant, but it did not have a happy ending as I lost the baby. The next day, shut downs started from the pandemic Because I didn't even know I was pregnant, and a major world event started, it was a wide range of emotions. I felt like I couldn't celebrate or even acknowledge that there was once a baby there, even for the briefest of time. I didn't tell anyone except for my parents and two friends. I kept it to myself because no time felt like the "right time" to share since every person in the world was struggling. It was the most isolating experience I ever had and I just wanted to disappear.

The same happened a year later. I told Ryan I was done trying, my heart couldn't take it anymore. I finally accepted that a baby from us wasn't in the cards. Little did I know my rainbow would arrive just a short time later. 

I found out I was pregnant with our baby girl, Briar, on April 2nd, 2021. The second I saw the test, I instantly knew it was a girl. We took a blood test at 9 weeks, then found out the following week it was a girl. We celebrated quietly with immediate family with an intimate gender reveal before we announced the pregnancy. We announced at 12 weeks, then at 15 weeks we celebrated a gender reveal with all family, friends, and of course TikTok. (See gender reveal blog!)

Gender Reveal 2021

Little did I know that our TikTok gender reveal would propel my page in ways I never saw coming. A million views later, I had hit my first goal I set from day one, 10,000 followers. I was then in the creator fund- which was not all it was cracked up to be at all, but I am grateful to be there nonetheless.

We welcomed princess Briar Elyse in November. She is the best thing to ever happen to us. Being her mom is the best experience of my life, and I never knew I could love someone so much and I just want to scream it from the rooftops. Every day, every milestone, every cuddle, every kiss is treasured. I definitely live memories through pictures, so I am always taking pictures and videos of her so I never forget how tiny she was, what she looked like, and even how it felt to hold her. 

Briar is born November 2021

Every step of the way, we have shared our lives, adventures, creativity, and passion with our community. It has become something that my husband and I do together, which I didn't think would happen as he has never loved being on camera, but now he excitingly comes up with ideas himself and wants to film. My Disney community grew so much, and we recently celebrated the milestone of 20,000! None of what I do would be possible without my amazing support system. So to all of you, thank you from the bottom of my heart for making my dreams steadily coming true. I've finally found my place, and while it's been a roller coaster, it's been a great one.

That is our story. I thank every one of you for being a part of it.

-Elizabeth


Comments