Baby Briar's 8 Month Disney Milestone Shoot- Wonderland

Briar is 8 Months Old!

Curiouser and curiouser, Briar is 8 months old! I still cannot believe how big she’s getting so fast. It's silly to say, but I really do get emotional every month because it seems each milestone goes by in the blink of an eye. It feels like just yesterday we brought her home from the hospital, and already she's closer to being a year old than she is to a newborn. I've seen her personality really come out. She is incredibly observant. She loves her independence but also loves to be held and snuggled. She is stubborn and truly a free spirit. She loves her dogs. She loves giving and receiving kisses. She is happy and loves to smile, even when she's fussing. I just know she will have so much love to give everyone around her as she grows, and I am so excited to see her flourish just like she has been.
Now onto her milestone update:
πŸ„Briar has figured out that she can eat her toes, and is constantly bending over to do so
πŸ„She is so close to crawling, she does almost a caterpillar crawl now but hasn’t quite figured out how to coordinate her hands and legs. But she is mobile!
πŸ„She loves Luna and Nova! She’ll laugh at them passing by and loves to pet them. The girls are so great and patient with her as she learns how to pet gently. She’s pretty much got it down now.
πŸ„Briar wants to be on the floor a lot more often and is at the stage of trying to wiggle out of arms (even when it’s not safe for her to) so we’ve been having a sturdy grip on her for when she decides she doesn’t want to be held anymore.
πŸ„Every night at 2am Briar has her nightly scream that thankfully doesn’t last too long.
πŸ„Teething is still a struggle, but she has 3 cute baby teeth on her bottom row.

How I Did the Shoot:

Materials:
-Mushroom lanterns
-Deck of cards
-Tea set
-Bunny stuffed animal
-Alice dress and black bow
-Blanket of choice

All the things I purchased are in my Amazon storefront here:
https://www.amazon.com/shop/influencer-f3b5db03

Tutorial:
First I put down a red blanket onto the grass. Then I set up the mushroom lanterns and placed them in the back. I recommend filling them with rocks on the bottom so they do not tip over. I then put down the rabbit on the opposite side of the blanket. I placed the tea set onto the front of the blanket and made sure the lids were put away as they are too small and can be a choking hazard. I then took my deck of cards and pulled out the queen and king of hearts, random cards, and number 8 cards for 8 months. I then added Briar in her Alice dress and bow.

Tips photographing a baby:
    -Set up while your baby is napping! 
    -Once they wake, feed them, change their diaper, then put on their outfit.
    -Make it fun, have positive energy. Babies feed off you. If you are stressed, they will be.
    -Get a binky that matches what you are photographing. If they get fussy at a certain point don't be afraid to get a few pictures of them with a binky. 
    -Photograph on the ground on their level, try different angles, get close ups, don't be afraid to move around.
    -Use a squeaky toy and your voice to get them to look at the camera.
    -If they are rowdy or in a grabbing phase, keep their hands busy with a toy similar to the theme.

I hope this gave some inspiration for you! Let me know in the comments what you think! Will you be trying this?

Comments